9.04.2008

the beginning

I love to talk, ask anyone who is around me a lot - they'll tell you; I however don't know how good I'll be at this whole blog thing but I'm gonna give it a try. I have been quilling for about 4 years now and I absolutely love it. I was researching something on the internet (for the life of me I can't remember what) and somehow ended up on Martha Stewart's website, I do not like Martha but I saw these cute christmas package embellishments that were quilled paper and I was immediately hooked - went to the local Michael's during lunch, bought a book on quilling, some paper strips, a tool and taught myself that very same day. 

I wish I had more time in my day to quill, I have so many ideas and just not enough time to do them. A couple years ago I did a couple craft fairs to try and sell my products, and I did ok - at least made the booth fee which was great and I met a lot of people; it was fun. A year or so ago I received a call from a very nice woman who had seen my quilled delights at a craft fair and wanted to know if I would like to rent a booth in her shop and sell my stuff - I was very excited, it's been a little over a year and business has started to pick up for me; I'm selling stuff and have to hurry up and restock my booth. I also a couple months ago thought it would be cool to have a shop on etsy. Etsy is addictive - I'm on there all the time checking my items, looking at other handmade stuff and trying to participate in the forums - trying to get my shop out there, it's working - I'm getting more people looking at my shop and actually sold 2 cards this week - one of which was a custom order; my first official custom order - how exciting!

So that's what's going on in my world - I'm busy creating for my booth here, creating for etsy. I'm a member of Paper Twirlies on etsy and we have a September quilling challenge going on so I have to get creating for that too. In November we're having a holiday sale (I'll post more on that later) so I have to start quilling so I have enough product for that - this is all exciting but exhausting at the same time. I find myself writing everything down so I don't forget anything, I'm sure I still will but I'm trying.

1 comment:

Lisa Brawner said...

Saw your blog on etsy thread. i have enjoyed reading it

 

blogger templates | Make Money Online